The Top 4 Reasons You Don't Rank In Google

← All Podcast Episodes

Subscribe and Listen everywhere you can listen to podcasts.

Apple Podcasts Stitcher Spotify YouTube Google Podcasts iHeart Radio TuneIn + Alexa

Share this episode with your friends.

Tweet Share Share Share Email

Description

This is a quick tip episode where I explain the top 4 reasons your website doesn't rank on Google.

1. Your page doesn’t have any backlinks
  2. The topic of your page has no long-term traffic potential
  3. Your page doesn’t match the search intent
  4. Your page isn’t indexed

Enjoy!

Transcript

This is the Dragon Digital Marketing Podcast. Get ready for the digital marketing strategies and tactics that attract great customer relationships to your business. Here is your host, Monique Idemudia. Hey there, this is Monique, and you're listening to episode number eight of the Dragon Digital Marketing Podcast. In today's episode, I reveal the top four reasons why you don't rank in Google. Here we go. Reason number one. Your page doesn't have any backlinks. Backlinks are referrals. If someone links out to your website on their website, it means that they find your content super useful and want others to benefit from it too, because you are a valuable resource. This is why backlinks are among the top ranking factors for Google. Reason two. The topic of your page has no long-term traffic potential. Most content isn't evergreen. You need to put new and relevant content out there constantly and also update your old content to stay relevant to users and to Google. When you do re-optimize pages on your site for relevant topics, start with the ones that have the most backlinks. Those are your most important pages and the most valuable to users. Reason three. Your page doesn't match search intent. Google aims to return the most relevant results for a query. When you optimize a page for a certain keyword, make sure your content on that page actually matches the search intent of the searcher. For example, don't try to rank a product page for an informational keyword. If someone searches for "best yoga mats", for example, they want an informational piece of content that compares different yoga mats and not lead to a product page where you sell your yoga mat. If you want to learn more about how to tell the search intent of a keyword, check out the show notes of this episode on dragon-digital-marketing.com. It's worth it because we put the best resources in there to make you smarter and more successful. Reason four. Your page isn't even indexed. Go to Google Search Console, enter your URL, and you'll see if it's indexed. If it's not, you'll see why it isn't indexed. You can then go ahead and fix the issues and request indexing. If you don't have an account on Google Search Console, sign up ASAP. It's one of the most important tools for SEO, and it's by Google itself, and it's free. If you want a list of all the best SEO tools that make your life tremendously easier when doing SEO, and you also want super actionable SEO tips, you have to get our SEO checklist. You can download it for free. Just head over to the show notes on dragon-digital-marketing.com The show notes are linked down below, and then you can download it. This checklist is all you need when you want to do your own SEO. It explains what you have to do, step by step, to rank your website on Google. And you no longer have to gather up tons of little bits of information from all over the internet. You can get it from us all in one document. That's what I got for you today. This was a short episode. Let me know how you like those kind of quick tips. I love your feedback. And also let me know about the results that you get from following those four tips. I love to see you succeed. Until next time. Thank you for joining us for this episode of the Dragon Digital Marketing Podcast. You can visit us at dragon-digital-marketing.com for more resources and for more episodes. Let us know how you like the show and write us a review. We are grateful when you like, share, and subscribe. We appreciate you.

Check out the latest Dragon Digital Marketing Podcast Episodes

Stay ahead! Access the Premium Content only available to our email subscribers.

Socialize With Us

Affiliate disclaimer: Our digital marketing resource center for small businesses is supported by our users. We only recommend products or services we have made our own positive experiences with and would use or do use ourselves. This page may contain affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, we may earn a small commission, if you decide to make a purchase through our links. Thank you for supporting us and allowing us to continue to share free resources for digital marketing.